Your 25 First-Time Homebuyer Workshop
Are you wondering how much home you can afford? Or want to know what to expect in the buying process? Or just want to know if there’s someone who’ll take time to answer your questions? Our First-Time Home Buyer Workshop is the answer.
I owned my first home when I was 22 years old. If only I’d known then what I know now! The First-Time Home Buyer Workshop will help you avoid costly mistakes and make decisions to strengthen your future.
We’re here to answer your questions before or after the First-Time Home Buyer Workshop, click here to Schedule Your Call.
In the First-Time Home Buyer Workshop we’ll talk about:
The Elephants in the Room
(1) Buying after Harvey
(2) Today's housing market
(3) Down payment and closing cost assistance
Renting vs. Owning
(4) Reasons to buy a home
(5) How much cheaper buying is than renting
(6) Your first home may be within your grasp
(7) The cost of Renting vs. Buying – either way you are paying a mortgage
The Housing Market and Your Financial Future
(8) Home prices, this year vs. last year
(9) Reasons home ownership is a good investment
(10) How low interest rates increase your purchasing power
(11) Your local housing market – where is it now and where might it go
Demystifying Buying Your Home
(12) Myths that may be holding you back from buying
(13) Saving for a down payment is faster than you think
Getting Your Loan and Keeping It Simple
(14) Why pre-approval should be your first step
(15) The ideal credit score and how to get it even higher
(16) How much money you really need for a down payment – and it’s not as much as you think
(17) Having enough money for closing costs
(18) What to look for in a lender and what you’ll need to get pre-approved for your loan
(19) How you might qualify for 0% down and closing cost assistance
Negotiating Your Purchase
(20) Making an offer on your dream home – tips for success
(21) The importance of an Option Period and how it benefits you
(22) How a Home Inspection can save you even more money when buying a home
(23) Best ways to negotiate for your best price
It Really is All About YOU!
(24) Why your priorities and needs matter
(25) When buying a home – know what you want vs. what you need
If all of that seems overwhelming, that’s why we’re here. In the First Time Homebuyer Workshop, we’re going to simplify the process and help you navigate the process with ease. We’re here today, and we’ll be here with you all along the way.
You’ll leave the First-Time Home Buyer Workshop with a wealth of knowledge and resources to use in your home buying process. Best of all you’ll meet the people who are ready and willing to serve you, to help you find the home of your dreams.
About Stephen Marshall, Realtor (r)
Stephen Marshall is licensed TX Realtor and Certified Negotiations Expert (CNE). Much of Stephen’s career was built in financial institutions, including serving as Vice President of Member’s Choice Credit Union in Katy, TX. His knowledge of mortgage lending, bank financing and sales negotiations make him an invaluable resource to his clients. Thanks to his exceptionally loyal clientele, personal referrals and repeat business form the foundation of Stephen’s career.
Stephen is a graduate of University of Houston Downtown. He is an honest, hard-working family man who does absolutely everything in his power to ensure his clients’ success. Stephen truly enjoys helping homebuyers find their perfect home and make a sound financial investment for their future.